Clare • Farwell • Houghton Lake • West Branch
The Buccilli family was among the pioneers of the pizza industry in Michigan. The roots of Buccilli’s Pizza were established in the early 1950’s, in the Metropolitan Detroit area. Using an old family recipe, brothers Melio, Angelo, and Pasquali (Butsy) Buccilli, opened pizzerias in Madison Heights (Melio’s), Hazel Park (DeAngelo’s) and Clawson (Alvito’s). The popularity of the Buccilli brothers’ pizza soon became apparent when customers flocked to their restaurants.